Scripture Reading—Psalm 104:1-15
“Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire.” (Psalm 104:4)
I created everything after a plan. The angels were created in a spirit-form of life. You were created differently. You were created in a very unique way. To begin with, you were created in spirit-form. Then I created a physical body for your spirit to dwell in. Only the human race has this beautiful body which excels all other beings in uniqueness and abilities.
You should always be grateful for your human body. It was created to be even more magnificent and capable than it is at present. The fall has put limitations on your body. It was created to never die, to never age, to know no sorrow nor grief, and to have the strength of Samson. It was created to never tire nor to ever be sick. But your body has suffered many hard things, since the fall, for which it was not originally created.
Only through My redemptive power are you able to break through this curse of limitations to experience long life, strength, good health, peace of mind, and healing for your broken heart. It is through the power of My Holy Spirit within you that all which you have lost shall be restored. It is My Spirit who shall also raise the mortal remains of those who have gone by the way of the grave, and shall restore to the spirits of the righteous their bodies which I created for them, that they might continue through all ages to be My unique creation. I designed you and created you to be a flaming fire You are created in My image and likeness. I, your God, am a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24).
You, therefore are ministers of fire. That is how I originally created Adam and Eve; however, through sin they lost the fire. But on the day of Pentecost that fire was restored to redeemed man. When the cloven tongues of fire fell upon each one, as they were filled with the Holy Ghost, it was evidence that man had received again the fire of God which he had lost, and which had been seen only for brief moments on such occasions as:
- When it fell upon the altar and consumed the original sacrifice in the newly constructed tabernacle (Leviticus 9:24).
- When I accepted Gideon’s offering of the flesh and the cakes (Judges 6:20, 21).
- When David built an altar unto Me, after purchasing the threshing floor of Ornan and offering burnt offerings and peace offerings unto Me (I Chronicles 21:22-26).
- When Solomon had made an end of praying at the dedication of the great temple in Jerusalem, My fire fell and consumed the offerings and sacrifices (II Chronicles 7:1).
- When Elijah challenged Israel to repent and turn from their false gods back to Me. “…and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God…” (I Kings 18:24, 38, 39)
- I came down on Mount Sinai in the wilderness in the form of fire (Exodus 19:18), in the burning bush (Exodus 3:2) and on the tabernacle by night (Exodus 40:38, Numbers 9:16, Deuteronomy 1:33). Wherever My fire was, there also was My glory.
On the day of Pentecost My fire came into My disciples because now their lives had become the living sacrifices (Romans 12:1); of which the former sacrifices had been a type and shadow.
Now My fire is in you, making you, My minister, a flaming fire (Hebrews 1:7).
Day by Day by Gwen Shaw
Available from our webstore: